View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #253
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

I'm behind Smith and Kubes. Both were the guys I wanted from the begining, but that doesn't mean I don't question some of thier decisions. Your right, these guys may know more then every person on this board, but they don't know more then every person out there.

Rivals had him ranked as the 12 best OT. SI had him graded out as a 3.78 out of 6 points, which means First Year Contributer. Jeff Otah (4.12), Rashad Mendenhall (4.2) and Sam Baker (3.8) could all have been had at 17 and were considered to be Quality Prospects. Scout.com ranked Duane as the 16th best tackle with 2 out of 5 stars. And, FootballsFutures.com ranks him as the 10th best tackle.

With all the internet research I've done on this guy tonight, nobody had this guy as a first round talent. So basically, what did we end up with from today. Three 3rd round draft pick in the 2008 draft instead of a 1st and a 3rd round pick.

Kind of like the 2 minute offense last year, Kubes buckled under pressure.

We'll need to do better then this if we are going to contend in this league. Right now we did nothing to change our 8-8 record.

Last edited by Hagar; 04-26-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote