View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #180
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
My only gripe is that we just got a 3rd & 6th round pick for trading down 8 spots with Mendenhall on the board.
If you look at the "Draft Value Chart", you'll see that the exchange is not that
far off. It's pretty close. And I'm glad we got 2 more picks in the deal.
Now for all of those people who are upset that we didn't get the Illini RB, just remember he got a lot of pub and hype about his Rose Bowl game, etc. when
he only played one year as the starter in college. The guy that started ahead of him last year was an undrafted FA who went to the Saints. So
Mendenthaul probably wasn't really that good. Frankly I like the mentality of
treating running backs as a commodity. A few of them are special, but there's so many athletic, talented backs coming into the NFL every year a team just doesn't need to waste high draft picks on securing one.
But I dunno about this pick ? We got 2 excellent OTs 2 years ago, and that was in the third round. I think we deserved more for this years 1st rounder ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote