View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #178
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't know what the Titans are doing with their RB corps. They have Lendale White. They drafted Chris Henry from Arizona last year then this year they take Chris Johnson from ECU in the 1st round. Seems kinda dumb to me.
But I think THIS pick is like hitting the "undo" button.

I think THIS pick is the real deal. Nobody, not even the casual NFL fan, thought Chris Henry was a good pick.

I watched Chris Johnson play in his bowl game...he was a FORCE. It got to the point where they were faking handoffs, or faking pitches, or faking throws to Chris Johnson...just because he was doing so much damage earlier in the game...and it was opening up the whole offense.

And unlike Regie Bush, Chris Johnson would lower his shoulder and plow a defender. He is a scrapper. He's a Marshawn Lynch-type player, but with amazing speed.

But hey...we needed RB AND OL. We chose OL. That's how it goes. I expect RB in the third.