View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #174
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Oh, and we just drafted an OL for the first time (correct?) in the first round. This is a major miracle that a lot of us thought would never happen. There's guys here who were aching for an OL in the first round every year, and we got one now--He's not the hyped OL we've had crammed down our throats by the media for 4 months, but hey....whatta' ya gonna do?

Duane might have lasted to the 2nd, but we didn't have a 2nd. It's not a reach when your oline coach was willing to trade down, scoop up an extra 3rd rounder for the trade-down with Balitmore (we need MORE picks, remember???), and still get a mobile yet aggressive OL that was thought to be a fit for our team/system.

I had said we'd pass on Mendenhall even if he fell to us, because Kubiak will never ever take a RB in the first. Thus, I can't wait to see how many drafts before we take a RB in the first round. Passing on Mendenhall and Chris Johnson was hard for me, because I felt those two guys are legit RBs, but I'm going to trust that our new center, a rookie OLineman, and maybe Spencer healthy and moved to the right side is going to solidify what has always been a weak line.

Draft season is my favorite time of year--It's like watching the results show on American Idol. Only better.