View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #169
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
i've been here since the beginning...and some people will cosign on anything. Im calling this like i see it..and i see huge mistakes. Epic, franchise killing mistakes.
I was upset, too. But remember we got a starting center from the Broncos.

Secondly, Duane Brown might allow Spencer to move to the right side.

Those three things, in addition to having a legitimate oline coach (finally), might just upgrade the whole offense.

But I know what you're saying: Amobi fell to us last year, and I was ready to yell "MENDENHALL!" over and over until the Ravens logo popped up...and then I knew it was all over. I mean, when the Ravens logo popped up...my gut began to twist BIG TIME.

Watching Mendenhall go to the Steelers was like raking razors on my rear. Watching Chris Johnson go to the Titans was like sliding into a pool of rubbing alcohol afterward--I had said that Chris Johnson would go in the first, and some people here thought he was no better than a 2nd rounder. And with Mike Jenkins going right in front of us, I knew what to expect here on the boards. Missing out on 2 RBs and a decent DB was r-o-u-g-h.

My only hope is that Schefter said he felt this was the "sleeper" pick. He seemed to like it a lot, and I think Schefter is a fairly unbiased guy when it comes to identifying teams' needs.

Kubiak just showed us what he thinks of Alex Gibbs.