View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #153
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I think I will trust Alex Gibbs,Kubes and Smith on this matter. I didn't know much about this guy but he looks very solid on the highlights they showed. I was disappointed not drafting Mendenhall but I got over it and welcome Brown to the Texans. Besides there is a reason Mendenhall dropped this far.

Give this regime a little credit before jumping off the edge. We have (2) 3rd rounders now in a pretty deep draft.

Another good thing out of this, we finally addressed our OL issue with a 1st rounder.
My favorite clip was seeing him run stride for stride with the ballcarrier downfield and picking off defenders. That's exactly what we need out of our LT. Plus he's got the feet to handle the edge rushers that we've never had at LT. Methinks he compares favorably to a converted TE that happened to be a pro bowl LT last season in Jason Peters of the Buffalo Bills.