View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #147
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanballer View Post
Well i was all for it, if it was chris williams, otah, albert, not this guy no one has heard of
Had anyone really heard of Tom Brady when he was drafted? Who cares what position they're drafted at if they produce and make the team better? We can't say how he'll do until we see him play. I haven't heard of TONS of players that are drafted...does that mean they're not good? Knowing who a player is is merely relative to how much time you spend watching college football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I don't know. The Texans needed a pick that would really ignite the fanbase. Duane Brown is not it.
I wouldn't worry...I think wins will ignite the fanbase. A flashy pick will only last so long if you aren't winning. Mendenhall might have been great, sure...but how is he going to be that "incredible" back if no holes are open for him to run through?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote