View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #139
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
one of his knocks is that he isn't the sharpest knives in the drawer
This was proven in the Orange Bowl. Brown had a rough game. He struggled with recognizing his assignment against a complex zone blitz scheme. The Kansas pass-rush won that game, and Brown was on the wrong end of that.

I don't think he was value at all, but there were some offensive linemen that went before him that I have him rated higher than. He is a project. I do not think he has the ability to learn our offense quick enough to start, and he will have to improve his pass protection a lot. He is undersized, which isn't a huge knock, just a potential concern with arm length and hand size. I think it was a wasted pick in terms of spot as I think he is a second round talent, but I trust our front office with their targeting of Brown. I think he will be an above average NFL LT.