View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008   #90
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

I've looked a little more into this guy and I'm coming around now.

According to this article, Kiper said he's the 5th best OT at best, 6th best OT at worst. He was the 8th guy taken, so by that logic, we got a bargain.

Quote:
Brown certainly caught the attention of ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.

"I'd be surprised if he's not gone by the end of the second round," Kiper said. "He's one of the faster left tackles in the draft, and he did 24 reps on the bench press at the combine."

Players bench press 225 pounds as many times as they can as part of their NFL combine workout.

"You can make the argument he's the fifth-best tackle in the draft, the sixth-best at worst," Kiper said.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote