Thread: Is this it!!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005   #19
hound
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
James projects to an OLB in a 3-4 as does Dan Cody. Shaun could possibly play DE, but he's not the 13th best player in the draft so the Texans would have to trade down.
Erasmus James probably is better suited for 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB. His forty time at the combine was 4.8 something as was Matt Roth's. That makes them too slow to cover the half backs and tight ends they might get matched up with. Shawn Merriman didn't run at the combine, but he is supposed to run around a 4.6 40 and he played OLB in a 3-4 at Maryland. He would probably be a better choice, as would Demarcus Ware who did run a 4.56 at the combine.

The most interesting thing Casserly is reported (up above) to have said is that the Texans might draft a QB in the second round!!! Bongggggggg! I know they're not that happy with their two young back ups because they sent them off to Europe to evaluate them. And Tony Bank may leave... But a second round QB... I know one QB I wish they would draft... but I was thinking about more like in the third round... Matt Jones QB/WR.
hound is offline   Reply With Quote