View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19
But in my opinion, we did "pay a high price" - we paid as if he is a #1 talent. The question, which only time will tell, is : Will he turn out to be worth the "high price"? Now, I like the prospects of this player and I think that just maybe he will turn out to be worth the price; but this is no more assured than the 2nd day picks you mentioned.
Well, of course we valued him as a first round pick. Thatís were we picked him. My point is simple, if you look back at the history of the NFL draft, and see the success rate of guys picked at 71 and 103 as opposed to one of the top 30 guys selected each year, I just don't seem to understand the "paid a high cost" argument. Regardless of what we perceive, we both want the same thing; we both want our picks to be good picks. It is no more complex than that. I will judge this draft by what I see on the field. I doubt there are a handful of Texans fans that saw a single snap of Western Michigan Football last year. It will all unfold soon enough.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote