View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008   #101
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Contest: A new Titans ten year anniversary logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
I "love" my team. You people love to throw the history of the franchise in our face. Many Titan fans did not follow the team before they moved to Tennessee, and last time I checked they were not handing out history books when they pulled into town. It is really not a big deal. I knew nothing of the Oilers until the team came to Tennessee. Growing up in Savannah didn't give me many chances to keep up with the Oilers. It was Falcons or bust and really nobody cared about them. It is obvious some of you people have a great love and respect for this teams history. Now you have to start over with the Texans. Personally I wish Bud would have left the Oilers name in Houston. You could have kept your name and past(not that you lost it). Would have been better than being called the Texans.......
'The Texans' is a great name. So much so, that it's been used before by the Houston Texans of the WFL and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Bud would never leave the name or the records in Houston. To do so would be to have class. Obviously something Bud has ALWAYS been devoid of...

Anyway, if the fans of Tennessee don't want or appreciate the history of the team prior to the move, voice your opinions to your official website. Let them know that you don't care. Maybe they could condense all of that history into one little blurb rather than listing all of these links under 'History'.

Houston Oilers / Luv Ya Blue
1959-1969
1970's
1980's
1990's
(of course there is a link for 2000's - but who cares)

Dang - that's a lot of history for folks that don't care about their team's prior to moving to Tennessee.... :elle:

Bottom line though, you don't 'have' to know the Oilers history to know who Earl is, anymore than you would have to know the Bears history to know who Walter Payton was...