View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RESPECT BABY, RESPECT!!!!! Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I'm sorry, but I fail to see respect out of that schedule.

Its almost like they said, well...lets let the little non-winning team have a brutal front stretch of games, then reward them with only one prime-time game.

No thank you.
Yeah, I don't like this schedule at all. The teams are not so much my concern as is the problem I see with when and where we're playing the games this year.

Two stretches of playing 3-of-4 games on the road is not something I wanted to see. And then we get 3 straight HOME games??? 3-of-5 of the last games are at home, so it's just a whole season of "extremes" if you ask me.

Games 1-4:
3-out-of-4 opening games are on the road: Steelers, Titans and Jax...in THEIR house. Wow. Ravens game is not an automatic W for us.

Games 5-7:
Colts, Lions, Dolphins. Being at home for all these is a bright spot.

Games 8-11:
Another 3-out-of-4 stretch of away games. The Vikes are no joke now that they have a running game. Bengals in our house is favorable. Colts game at Indy, and Cleveland game in their house (AGAIN!!!!).

Games 12-16:
A Favre-less Packers MIGHT be beatable, but we're talking LAMBEAU FIELD...in winter. The rest of the games are actually OK, IMO.

We can be 1-4 right off the bat, IMO. Should be interesting to see how well-prepared the team is in the first 4 or 5 games...I think it'll determine the entire season. This team has not historically been a team that rebounds from adversity well.

Would have preferred to have Dolphins or Raiders sprinkled into the first few games.