View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005   #47
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
Baas is not the best center prospect in the draft. He's the best guard prospect, with the tools to be one of the best center prospects.

Chris Spencer is considered by many NFL scouts to be the best center prospect in the draft...
I won't disagree, totally, with your assessment. It's something I go back and forth on. Both Baas and Spencer have started only one season at OC. Spencer also played OG his sophmore season (he declared as a junior). Most of the rankings place Baas at OG and this is what the evaluations are based on. I've seen only a couple with Baas listed at center and he was ranked number one. On all the measurables, Baas has better numbers than Spencer, but the one area where I have not seen an evaluation is his ability to snap the ball cleanly in the exchange and then that quick burst out of his stance to position himself for the block. If he is able to do this efficently, then Baas has the potential to be something special as a center. But it is this versitility which makes him my unequivacal choice as our first pick.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote