View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005   #41
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Heh...I think all three choices are bad. Can I pick "none of the above?"

Unfortunately I agree that there's nobody in FA left now who's worth signing. I'm concerned about McKinney but I also believe that Wand is a serious liability--he was labeled a "project" from the day he arrived and I'm not sure when that "project" will be finished. How long can a contending NFL franchise go with a weakness like that at LT?

As for the draft, that's also true. Good reputations don't = immediate success. Vernon Carey was an example of that last year, and there are many others around the NFL.

So I agree that the best option at this point is, sadly, to sit tight and pray that familiarity and time-in-position will lead to some sort of improvement. It bugs me, but the long-term damage that could be done by signing another "maybe" in FA--or by burning a draft pick Houston needs to use somewhere else--is worse. Drafting in later rounds for depth, of course, is another story.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote