View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005   #139
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 446 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Well gee, sorry don't go all caps on me. If you are talking about his INT and sack numbers going down it is because he moved from OLB to ILB primarily. That is also why his tackle numbers went up dramatically when he got here.
This is what I am trying to demonstrate here. All this stat and playmaker stuff is too one-dimensional. Sharper has been a great defender. To understand his play, you have to understand more about the role he played and the team he was on. Sharper didn't become a worse blitzer. Our Dline was weak. Sharper didn't become a better tackler. His role in the D was to be the primary run stopper. Looking at stats alone one could argue that Sharper is a playmaker in severe decline, but it may not be that simple.

Its a similar thing with Greenwood. We gotta measure is production in terms of his role as much as we can. I am sure the Texans have done that.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote