View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005   #138
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 446 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Which is why I said, YES, BUFFALO AND ATLANTA RAN THE SAME TYPE OF 4-3.I dont know what's so hard about that..
Complete sentences help.

Quote:
Both teams had solid DLines and used the DBs for pass coverage and used the LBs for run stopping, yet both Brooking and Spikes still made plays.

To your second point...hey, if you'll take a guy with 10 or so more tackles and 10 fewer takeaways/sacks, that's your call....I'm willing to be the even casual football fan would choose otherwise.
But did they do it like Miami? That is the issue here. And it isn't a matter of getting 10+ tackles for -10 takeaways/sacks. So stop exaggerating. Not one linebacker on either team had more than 3.5 sacks. The only outstanding "playmaker" was Spikes with 3 sacks and 5 ints. The rest of the linebackers on either team had under 3 sacks.

My point is the same: even those teams didn't run the scheme like Miami did. Heck, I wouldn't expect the LB that plays behind Jason Taylor to rack up the sacks. You have to compare Greenwood's performance to what he was asked to do. You can't get a sack if the coaches don't blitz you. It is just that simple.

At the very least, Greenwood is an upgrade over Foreman who had no sacks, no ints, and only 79 tackles.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote