View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005   #125
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
By the way Dude I have been doing scouting for years, and I get paid a good wage for it. I am just a big fan of the Texans because I am from Houston and played ball at A&M. I want to see them make smart moves not pass on good players and reach on bad ones. I also have waited years for the Houston to get a team and I am dont want to wait and listen to piss ant excuses about why they did not make the playoffs. We are getting rid or restructuring alot of contracts next year so we need to win now.
Big freaking deal. So what, the internet scouts can't agree on the value of this move. I don't even think the real NFL team scouts would share a unified opinion. What we know for sure is that the Texans scouts and staff obviously like Greenwood. Since I don't much more about the guy than what I know from NFL2K5, I'll just trust the Texans on this one.

Here's some reality about free agency: you always overpay. Casserly has repeatedly said it. That is why the Texans try not to break the bank for the (fan) consensus top guys and tend to focus on the draft. This team is in no position to mortgage its future cap space just to win now. Look at NE. They usually don't make exciting offseason moves or throw crazy money at big name players. They usually puzzle people by signing seemingly average and obscure guys. But they win. That is what the Texans are doing. Getting players who fit their team best so they can win.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote