View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005   #104
ginessey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
What will the LB corps look like in 2005??

Starters:
OLB Jason Babin
OLB Antwan Peek
ILB Morlon Greenwood
ILB Jaime Sharper

Reserves:
ILB Jay Foreman & DaShon Polk
OLB Kailee Wong & Charlie Anderson
I don't think Greenwood was picked up to be an immediate starter. He is a little too undersized right now to be and outside or inside linebacker. He is a coverage linebacker. He has tremendous upside though. Right now we'll probably see him in 3rd down situations, nickel, 3-3-5, and maybe dime packages. But we must not forget the clever defensive mind of Dom Capers. In the playoffs the Patriots started using a lot of defensive formations that the Texans used this year and last year. Picture this its, 3rd and long and the Texans come on the field with Sharper, Greenwood, Peek, Babin, Wong, Foreman, and Polk. Who's coming and who's dropping in coverage? If I'm an offensive lineman I sure would be confused with 0 D-lineman and 7 linebackers all showing blitz. It's schemes like this that make me think this pickup was a good one. For the starters I would say OLB Peek/Babin ILB Wong/Sharper. But I wouldn't be suprised if they go after Derrick Johnson in the draft and throw him in the rotation also.
ginessey is offline   Reply With Quote