View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nigerian-Born American Footballers: Their Impression, Expectation On Nigeria

really didn't know where to put this
Quote:
Amobi Okoye, 21, is a Defensive Tackle for the Houston Texans in the American NFL.

HE said: "I think we Nigerians have a certain character that is peculiar to us. It is in me even though I now live in America. My expectation for my country is that it is going to change for the better and my fellow country men would go along with the change.

When out there in those gears and facing other people from different nations, what is on your mind?

Whenever I get out there on the pitch to face whosoever are my opponents, the first thing that comes to my mind is to dominate whosoever I am facing. Initially, I used to think of my family and that I was going to do my best to please them for the upbringing they gave me. But now, I feel that God gave me that opportunity and the skill to play American Football because He has a mission for me. And the mission is using my little resources to touch the lives of the less-privileged people in my country. If I can train over 50 under-privileged children, that would be my joy.

After American football, what next?

Oh yes, my long desired goal was to be a doctor, a psychopathist! That was my first love and I can tell you that after American Football career, I am going to go back to school, to fulfill my desire, which was to be a children's psychopathist. Right now, I may not have a degree for that field, but I am definitely going to get one to fulfill my aspiration.

Does one need to be huge to play American football?

I used to think along that line (laughs). But that is not the case. All you need to have is a big heart to be able to go out there and tackle those other guys and try to win the ball. That is it! But to be huge is an added advantage in American professional football.

What do you think of Obama? Could he become the next American President?

I think Obama is a nice guy. The young American generation likes him. He is the right choice, as a candidate for the presidential race for the Democrats and so is Hilary Clinton. Any of them that wins the nomination would give the Republican candidate a good fight.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sport...=Nigerian-Born
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote