View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005   #16
Chawky1
Veteran

The good thing is that he should come fairly cheap. I don't think you guys are at the point of being one or two players away from Super Bowl contention where you can make a big splash and pay some stud vet a huge wad of cash to come in and take you to the promised land. Young, relatively unknown guys such as this (read inexpensive), who came from a solid defensive (or offensive as the case may be) system could be a real boon for you. He has only been in the league, what like four years, he is just starting to hit his potential. You guys still have more pressing needs like OOOOOO friggin line. The Seahawks Pork Chop Womack is out there, and his is in like his third or fourth year I think. Would come relatively cheap, played great in spot duty, huge upside...those are the kind of guys you need to target. Young free agents who are cheap with upside.....and continue to stock pile picks and build through the draft. I think you are only three years away from serious contention if you continue to grow.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote