View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep seeing "high price". We only gave up a one first day pick to have two first rounders. Sure, its a first day pick, but we received a 1st round selection.

I think that the Titans were going to trade down regardless. If we did not trade with them, they would have found someone else. If we do not make this move we are stuck with a lower quality edge rusher instead of the pick of the litter. We had an extra 4th from CC's previous deals, so we really only missed a pick in the 3rd round. A lot of people seem to consider a few second day picks "a high price to pay".... I'm not sure I can get onboard with that kind of thinking. Just look at the history of the NFL draft. 2nd day picks are no sure things whatsoever.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote