View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004   #48
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The question is not what we will do, but what the Cowboys would do.
I agree that it's up to the Cowboys as to what they'll accept. The question was more a matter of would the Texans be willing to swap Bradford for Bryant, in spite of his alleged bad attitude?

Quote:
If dont want Bradford because of drops, why would the Boys? Veteran presence? They have Terry Glenn and Keyshawn Johnson to do that.
Bradford also catches a lot of balls. He has great speed to stretch the field, he makes the acrobatic catches, & he's a threat to break it for a TD every time he catches the ball (Wait a minute! Why would I want to trade him then? Oh yea, he drops a lot of drive killing 3rd down passes). Yes, they've got Glenn, but the reports I'm hearing are that Keyshawn hasn't shown a lot yet. I'm sure things will change when they report to training camp, but maybe Parcells would want to add some insurance, just in case. Or, maybe nothing will happen. In any event, I suspect that Dallas is going to want more than just a 3rd round draft pick.

Quote:
And why would they want Wells for upside? They just drafted Julius Jones to be the featured back. If is was a player/player trade, I would think that the Cowboys would want Gaff over Bradford, and I dont want to give up Gaff.
Jones has never taken a snap in a real NFL game. There's no guarantee that he'll even be able to compete on the NFL level. Wells needs some work on his techniques, but he has the potential. He's also got the size to play FB. Maybe, Dallas would be looking to groom him to take over for the aging Richie Anderson.

Shoot, I have no idea what's going to happen. However, if we can get Bryant, & he gets his attitude right, that would mean we can use our #1 pick next year on some youth for our DL, or another CB to eventually replace Glenn.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote