View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008   #36
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prices about to go up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think about it every season. I'm a paycheck-to-paycheck kind of guy, and that money could do things for me in other areas that I have a passion for. Heck, $600 buys some nice music gear, another guitar, a really nice paintball gun, whatever.

Believe me, I work hard for my paycheck and know that money trees don't exist. However, I weigh the benefit that I get in my life against the costs. Not just being a fanatic for a fledgling football team, but it's also a big social event that brings my closest friends together for a day, along with many great friends that I've made because we tailgate and attend games.

Fortunately, we do have a franchise that gives the little guy a chance to go to games and even buy season tickets. My section does not require a PSL purchase, for one, and the face value of the 500's endzone were $45 this season. The face value of 600 seats are less than $40/game, which is far less than most concerts or even dinners on the town these days. It is just a matter of prioritizing your disposable income, and being a Texans fanatic is important enough to me and others that we do what we have to do to afford the tickets. It is not with a nonchalant attitude, though, because it is a forward thinking choice to make for many of us to do without in other entertainment areas of our lives.
DB, put a little something extra aside because i have a funny feeling in the next 2 years all the seats in reliant stadium will require a psl.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote