Thread: Medic!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Medic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I don't think the Texans had 19 starters go down ...

But add Mawea and Olson ... see these are star caliber players. Can you honestly say that you had that many star caliber players go down? Ok Fowler was a push as a star.

It is called depth and playing through adversity. Some teams can do it other teams fans ***** and moan every season and never understand why there team struggles to find a winning record.
First, I do not use injuries as an excuse. But since you're whining about your guys being hurt and trying to compare the two team's situations:

Let's see here.... using a running back who was sixth on your depth chart in preseason and actually cut before the season started for the last three games of the season

I think we lost three defensive backs (2 starters) before the first game
Losing one of the hearts and souls of the defense after 9 games.

None of those guys were stars (save Dunta), but they were starters.

I guess thats all probably pretty insignificant.

Oh and by the way, thats the epitome of adversity.

But hey.. You have a scoreboard. Enjoy your extra game this week.