View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I know SteelBlue may not agree with me , but I thought Peek showed a lot of upside in regards to coverage last season. But I think Peek will have to show the Texans very early on that he's ready to win the LOLB spot before the Texans move Wong inside.
I admit I am much better judging linemen than I am judging linebackers for some reason. I just do not have as intuitive a feel for their position it seems. I think Peek has tremendous skills, but I think he needed to grow up last year. Dom Capers just may be the perfect coach for him. Dom is patient, knows how to relay his thoughts on why discipline is important, and linebackers all seem to play their best under him. I think if Peek comes back more mature and wiser, we may see something special. Capers and Casserly have both stated it takes about 3 years for a DE "tweener" to reach is full skill set as they mature into 3-4 OLB's. Players show their biggest jump in improvement from year one to year two, so I am willing to support Peek, and give him a clean slate as a fan. He seems like a nice enough guy. Lord knows he has ability. Let's see if Capers can harness it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote