Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007   #386
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

I was mixed up in the days leading to the draft. Honestly, I didn't want Bush because of exactly what's going on with him now. I knew that we couldn't get Young because of the Carr situation. And I was a little skeptical about Mario. To me though (and I know this sounds opposite of sexy) I thought Mario was the sexy pick. I thought he had the possibility of becoming great. The tangibles were there, but he was going from North Carolina State to the NFL after all. How it all translates is a crap shoot for sure, and like every college athlete, there were questions concerning Mario and his translation to the next level. Almost two seasons into his career, it looks like it's translating pretty well. I'm proud for him, for the organization, for the team, the fans, and everyone involved. All the positive press concerning him and our team is music to my ears. And I think that we all agree as he goes our team goes. One thing is for sure. He has set the bar pretty high for himself....