Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007   #383
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
So what you're saying is that I'm supposed to believe you and some of the MB members instead of McClain who is a lot closer to the team?
Let me think about that one......the answer is no, I'll believe McClain.
Did you also believe him when he stated in no uncertain terms that Pitts would be the left tackle under Kubiak, or when in January of this year he said Spencer's recovery was coming along nicely? Those two examples jump to mind, and can be found in old threads here (for anyone who cares to compare different points of view rather than relying solely on a newspaper's version of the truth).

I think I saw statements like the one quoted above then too when "some message board members" differed with his opinion. A lot of people argued with me and the couple of others who were not riding the "Spencer will be back for 2007" spin cycle. It was still a surpise to many when Spencer never made an attempt to play.

Does McClain have a lot of inside knowledge? Yes.

Is he infallible? No.

Is it easier just to believe everything one reads in the paper? I guess so.

=====================

Just for the record, I think the Capers coaching staff did far more damage to the team than Casserly. The reason I pointed out that Kubiak gets credit for good picks and Casserly gets credit for bad picks during that draft was to point out the irony of the situation.