Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007   #311
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
I know that CC made mistakes, can name me a GM that has not made any mistakes? Some of you guys are just looking for an excuse to bad mouth anybody, and I mean anybody. You got to stop being so darn negative and need to learn to enjoy life.
He was fired for a reason. GM is a position with very low turnover, when someone gets the can, its because they did a bad job for an extended period of time. Everyone is going to find some diamonds in the rough and going to draft some high round busts. However, CC got almost nothing from the 2nd and 3rd round picks. 5 years into our existance, about 2/3 of our draft picks were no longer on the team. That is inexcusable and a direct reflection of the coaching staff and GM, as a result they have been replaced. Its pretty simple.

In regards to Mario: why would you let a person who is about to be fired for a history of bad decisions make the biggest decision in your franchise's history? I'm sure he had input, but there is no way that the final decision came down to him.