Thread: David Patten?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
The Line needs alot of work, via FA, and Draft.

Or, it's quite possible that the existing line just needs a lot of work.

If you go buck wild through FA and the draft and make wholesale changes you're going to upset whatever chemistry they have going. This line, with these players, in these positions needs another year together. We will hopefully have Joppru at TE (finally) but as for the core of the line it's staying put and I'd go so far as to say the players themselves are not the problem. Ok, McKinney is IMO a problem but with improvement around him he will return to his previous, barely-passable, form. We need to upgrade him but the first part of that can be done simply by getting Pitts and Weigert comfortable in what they're doing on either side of him.

I bet that barring injury we open 2005 with the exact same people starting as 2004. And I bet they play better as the year goes along.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote