Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007   #295
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
IMO, Casserly was kept through the draft because, why would a team release a lame duck GM that could possibly be picked up by another team as a "consultant" before the draft...
That's a good point. My thought was that Denver wouldn't let Rick Smith leave until after the draft (probably along similar rationale). Plus, Casserly had hired all the scouts and put the system in place. Kubiak probably needed help with with the process and Casserly had all of the contacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Casserly might have had input as a lame duck GM , but I don't think much because Kubiak, and Smith and such were changing schemes(wouldn't suprise me if Sherman had alot of say)... and those coaches knew what they wanted
And that's pretty much the system Casserly had with Capers & staff. They would tell Casserly who they wanted, and Casserly would find a way to get them (remember the '03 draft littered with Senior Bowlers the Texans coached?). You can't blame Casserly for drafting Babin or trading for P-Bust. Just the cost it took to acquire them.