Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007   #292
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

not that my opinion or theory means anything.

IMO, Casserly was kept through the draft because, why would a team release a lame duck GM that could possibly be picked up by another team as a "consultant" before the draft..It would make no sense. most could argue that it would be wrong, but say the Saints or Titans (who picked closely behind the Texans)picked him up for his "input".. that would be "corporate" suicide before a "strategy" session(aka draft), no matter what anyone would say, it would give an edge to the team that drafted just behind the Texans and also know what they were thinking about players and how they would rate them

Casserly might have had input as a lame duck GM , but I don't think much because Kubiak, and Smith and such were changing schemes(wouldn't suprise me if Sherman had alot of say)... and those coaches knew what they wanted

of course my opinion means not much
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote