Originally Posted by nunusguy
The most hyped rookie after the season started, Big Ben, had some descent performances, but then collapsed and was a total choke job his last 2 games of the year.
The last 2 games were the divisional playoff and the conference championship. Prior to the AFC championship game, Ben R. was undefeated as a starting QB. Among some of the other "decent performances":
* Michael Clayton had one of the better rookie seasons for a WR ever (80-1193-7)
* Lee Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, & Roy Williams had very good years for rookie WRs
* Kevin Jones rushed for over 1000 yards, Julius Jones was 5th in league in rushing yards/game, Steven Jackson led all RBs (with over 100 rushes) in yards/carry.
* Dunta Robinson, Jonathan Vilma, Sean Taylor, Michael Boulware, & DJ Williams developed into impact defenders & future Pro Bowlers.
* Robert Gallery, Tommie Harris, Kenechi Udeze, Jason Babin, & Chris Gamble emerged as solid starters.
* Alex Stepanovich, Nathan Vasher, Mewelde Moore, Glenn Earl, Gibril Wilson, Jacob Bell, & Erik Coleman were among the gems found in the draft's 2nd day.
And don't forget that Kellen Winslow II & Shawn Andrews were opening day starters whose seasons were cut short due to injury. This was a great draft already, and could be one of the best in years if young QBs Eli Manning & Philip Rivers develop. I'm not as down on this draft as some are, but it won't be in the class of last years crop.