View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005   #44
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
Maybe rookie year peek and brady's progression were different, but brady was always a QB, throwing the ball doesnt change. Peek switched positions so he should not have started his rookie year at all, probably not the beginning of this past season either. However, saying that when in the games this year he made so many more mistakes than brady did in his first playing time may be a stretch. He may have had a play or two that were bad but overall this season Peek played very well in the game, and in all sides of his play, maybe a few bad run plays but none ever broke into anything big, he never gave up a reception but did have and INT, and his pass rush is fine. I also think that in brady's first campaign as a starter he had similar results to Big Ben this season in that he did well, maybe not ridiculous Marino like numbers, but he also was not a bum who threw 100 INTs. I think that if peek played a lot he would show some things that people wouldnt expect in terms of great play, but we will see.
As I said before Brady's best attribute from when he stepped in for Bledsoe, and to this very day has been his ability to limit his mistakes. He doesn't turn the ball over very often. I never claimed that Brady had huge statistics. Just like I don't think a OLB has to have huge sack numbers to be a good OLB. Peek excells in every aspect of the game except for when it comes to keeping his head in the game. I believe thats why many people are so frustrated with him at times because we see those glimpses of how great a defensive force he could be if he had his head on straight the whole game. The coaches limited Peek's playing time for a reason. He made too many mistakes for their liking while he was in there. That doesn't mean he's a bad player, but it means he needs more work. I think we've all seen him steadily improve in his time here with the Texans. If Brady had thrown one too many INT for Bellicheck's liking he would've been riding the pine while another QB got a shot at showing his stuff. The fact is that Brady didn't make many mistakes when he got his chance to get on the field in his 2nd season with the Pats. Peek has made mistakes, and that's why he was a situational pass rusher this year more often than being a starter. Next year I hope it's a very different story, and Peek will continue his improvement and crack the starting lineup.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote