View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007   #394
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I know and I agree, Bud should die. But my point was get rid of them if they won't put him in the position to do his best... and who writes the checks?

I don't agree with that. What worked for him in college was the spread offense from the gun. The past whatever weeks he has lead the NFL in yardage running that scheme. I realize the record was 1-3. Again, VY is not Peyton. He needs a supporting cast and a defense (I never said "he just wins"). He needs some playmakers (at least one, please).

But yesterday we go back to Fisherball and he goes back into the rut. They need to let him play his game or bring in somebody who will.
His game won't work in the NFL IMO and he needs to be developed into a different type of QB or he won't last too long. What works in college doesn't work in the NFL, that's why the option is not very effective in the NFL. It's a different game and alot of great players in college don't cut it in the NFL. It was a stretch to take him as the 3rd pick IMO.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote