View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007   #386
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I honestly believe that his regression this season is Fisher's fault. The club went to 6-2 by playing "Fisherball" and relying on a terrific start from the defense. Problem was that as soon as they needed the offense, Fisherball was all they had, and Fisher has absolutely no clue how to let an offensive co-ordinator actually let his QB loose. For years he corralled Mcnair, and now he's doing it this year with VY. Check out how many carries the Titans have from their RBs then compare it with Eddie's peak seasons. Fisher hasn't adapted at all.

Sigh,
Signed 30 years of this BS Titan/Oiler fan.
Yeah, but Fisherball isn't responsible for those 16 picks. I saw the game highlights from yesterday's game, those balls should've never been thrown & he's had lots of those throughtout the year. His WR's aren't helping him true, but his decision-making is still terrible. You expect that from a 2nd year QB, but he's showing little if any progression from last year in this regard & isn't a players' biggest jump in progression supposed to be from yr. 1 to 2?

fisher isn't an *****, there's a reason he's been there for so long & it's b/c he knows where his bread is buttered for now.

I keep reading from Titans fans that they want to see more bootlegs to utilize VY's athleticism. The problem with that is, teams are now waiting on it (Mario got one of his 2.5 sacks in the last titans game off of a VY bootleg ) & the run game hasn't exactly been anything to fear with them. In addition to this, VY isn't exactly bullseye when throwing on the run. You also don't want your QB running to much or he will end up getting hurt in some capacity or another. If he can't run a regular 1 read offense in the NFL (which is what Fisher trying to do now), what makes you think that he can handle a spread offense at this level where you have to be sure of what you're looking at before you throw?

Bottom line, he's just going to have to beat good teams **consistently** with his arm, otherwise teams will continue to play him this way & fisher will continue to hold him back, which by the way i don't blame him for doing either.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote