Thread: The "Fix"
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Fix"

Throwing money at the problem is not necessarly a garuntee of sucess. Now, you can probably afford one big guy, maybe two. Still got draft chioces to sign, FA to resign and players currently on the roster to reward for good service. 130 million after febuary is a lot more room that they had last year but it is not a cornuicopia. If Rick Smith and Kubiak swing for the fences as you post...sale out for a quick fix...the odds are it won't work. Adam Sheftner of NFLn recently reported that Asante Samuel will cost very close to 100 million. My number not his. So to me even though Asante would be great insurance for a Dante Robnson recovery complication, I don't think we can afford him.

The other little thingy I see about you post...You don't know what the satus of McKinney and Weary will be next spring...much less in Spetember. You just don't know. Weary's leg was basically crushed. And McKinney has interests out side of football and he's over the thirty line. You don't know if he will be willing at this age to make the sacrifcies required to get into NFL football shape. I mean just look at Okoye right now. No one is saying he is doging it...he just didn't realize what NFL shape ment. He's learning. I'm not a doctor and I do not play one on television...however I would be very gauirdedly optimistic where those two are concerned and their prospect to be locked and loaded by the fall of '08.

I believe, but do not know for a fact, that you are setting yourself up for a whole lot of heart ache for the coming off season with your wishing list. Looks good on paper...just might want to tone down your expectations just a tad.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-09-2007 at 12:48 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote