Thread: The "Fix"
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007   #1
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default The "Fix"

I personally reallly think the texans are building something pretty special. Many will not admit and some live in this microwave society, but the Texans are going to be good for yrs to come. Since they play in the toughest division and in the afc, they still have some building to do. The good thing is they have had 2 very good drafts and since they have gotten rid of some players, they will have 30+ million is cap space. I know people will chime in, but i will give my opinion of the targets the texans should zoom in on.

Terrell Suggs: I know its another lineman, but i think this is the guy to take them over the hump and become dominant. He gives them a edge rusher, he's 25 and has avg 10 sack per eventhough this is a poor season for the entire defense. He'll cost you about what Charles Grant did last year which was 20mill guarantee and 60mill over 6 years. Thats about 7m of yor cap room right there.They can cut weaver to get him off the books long term and make the contract cap friendly. Mario,Suggs,Okoye,and Johnson all under 25 and ready to go. The consolation to Suggs would be Alex Brown who will cost you half of that and is 3 yrs older.

Bell,Portis,Jones,or Turner. I put all in the same class because 2(Portis and bell) have history and might get cut, while the other 2 will be free period. All Bell and Julius Jones will command the same money, Portis might get cut because of salary will cost more and Turner will command the most. I'm a guy that think rb have good value, but u dont over pay or draft very high. When i bring up tatum Bell, some think he sux, but all i know is he avg over 4 ypc while in Denver and even in detroit he's over 4. He's also 26 which is good and has a history with kubiak. Jones, other than this year was 4 ypc and is pretty explosive when given the chance. Portis is still very good and also 26, but hasn't been the same since leaving the one cut system. he might be a cap casualty. Turner is the man almost everyone wants eventhough he hasn't shown he can play the position fulltime. last year he was great, this year he has been ok. He's 25 and will command some good money. The bigger question is whether the texans will blink. The sleeper is Fargas.

Bob Sanders: The huge question is whether the colts will franchise him or clark. Another issue is his injury history. Anyone that watches the game can see he is one of the best defensive players at any position. This could be a double whammy by hurting the colts while helping the texans. He's going to get top safety money which will be about 6m a year against the cap. Is it worth it? I think it is. The texans can also maybe trade their 1st rd pick for Deangelo hall and move bennett to safety when robinson comes back as an option. I think he will be on the radar strong for alot of teams.

O-Line:I kinda believe in line development. I think winston has played well,weary and pitts have been solid and mckinney was good before getting injured. That leaves lt. In the few games he played, spencer looked very good, like a steal. I think he will come back and anchor the lt with winston on the other side. Weary sustained the injury late so he might or might now be 100% by training camp. In the 3rd rd, the Texans might need to draft a ol at some position. The play of the bucs young players(Sears,Joeseph and Trueblood) are testiments to developing young line talent. I mean Dayne has been able to avg 5ypc over the last 3 games so the line cant be bad. Imagine if the had a better back and Johnson healthy the whole time.

I know everyone idea on improving the texans will differ, but its still good conversation.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote