Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007   #193
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=6178

Bucs official homepage "know your opponent"

Quote:
My head was spinning last year with everything that was going on and me just moving around a lot more last year trying to learn a lot more positions. This year I’m just a lot more comfortable.”

Williams has quickly emerged as a dominant force on the Texans’ line, accounting for nearly half of the team’s 19 sacks on the year. The key, he says, is technique. While pure talent may have allowed him to outclass most of the offensive linemen he faced in high school and college, he’s now squaring off against the biggest, best, and brightest players in the world, and it’ll take a little more than natural ability to beat them.

“Technique is a big thing, especially when you’re facing guys that have been in the league for a long time, or even guys that have just been in the league a few years and know the ropes,” Williams said. “They know the little tricks of the trade that can get you off balance, which is what’s very important in the NFL – the balance, the technique. But pretty much it all comes down to your recognition and just being comfortable.”

The Texans selected another lineman with their top pick in the 2007 NFL Draft – defensive tackle Amobi Okoye – and the Buccaneers also picked up a young lineman of their own in defensive end Gaines Adams. Now in his second year in the league, Williams can sympathize as he watches – and in Adams’ case, prepares to play against – some other highly-touted rookie linemen enduring the same gauntlet that Williams survived just a season ago.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote