View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005   #31
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullTexan
Hulk, for what it's worth I agree with you. Babin had 4 sacks, but to me they were in trash time when someone else had put pressure on the QB. I didn't like what we gave up to get Babin, and I still don't. He didn't seem to be aggressive enough doing that spin move. He would just make contact with the defender and do a half hearted move and then just sit there. I know that he had outside containment, but on those 3rd down plays, he just should have been more aggressive. Just my opinion, of course. Others see it differently and that's what makes the world go round.
If his job on 3rd down was containment and not full blown rush than that is what he was supposed to do. Players who do the jobs they are supposed to do get the starts. I have been re-watching the Texans games (god bless Tivo) Babin got a sack at the beginning of the Vikings game when it was still 0-0. The Jacksonville game he got a sack when the game was still in the balance. I've never understood why so many people hate this guy. It can't just be the draft picks. With the extra one the Texans had they really only lost 1 pick. They gave up 3 for 1, but moved up 12 spots or something. It's the type of deal you make when there is a player you like. Casserly, Capers, et al., are much better than all of us at this game. The Texans liked Babin and knew he wouldn't be there when they picked at #10 in the 2nd round. He might have been picked 10 spots before he should have, but sometimes you have to make a sacrifice. It's not like he was a 5th round projection and they traded up to the 1st round to get him.

As for drafting a TE at that time. Joppru was coming along nicely at that time and hadn't been experiencing any pain. It wasn't until the beginning of training camp that he was injured again. After using a 2nd round pick on him it would have been a waste to draft Troupe in that spot.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote