View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Blah, Blah, freakin Blah!"

I just dont get the "We pay you money..make us happy" thing. For some reason I just dont see anyone over at the Texans offices bursting into tears, stabbing themselves in the chest repeatedly with a letter opener, and screaming:

"THEY DIDNT GET THEIR MONEY'S WORTH! THEY DIDNT GET THEIR MONEY'S WORTH! THEY DIDNT GET THEIR MONEY'S WORTH!"

I dunno.. maybe you think your dollar is special, and when you pay for tickets they should schedule a parade in your honor, but in my mind... you are paying to watch your team. Your investment in the team is your way of saying "I support you". If you dont feel like supporting the team anymore, then take your money and leave.. but saying "I paid you to win" after every loss, is old.. and pointless...and really pretty annoying.

I dunno what it is about the money statements that just gets under my skin. I guess I kind of see it as "cheapening" your support of the team. Instead of you shelling out the cash to be there in your Texans gear to cheer for the hometown team.. you make it sound like you are paying for entertainment. Like your support of the Texans is no more important to you than that 8 dollar movie you went and watched last weekend. Just one more thing for you to sit and watch for a few hours to take your mind off work on Monday.

If ever a day comes that I actually sit and think to myself "Well, do I really feel like im getting enough entertainment for the money im spending?".. that is the day I will just stay at home and watch the game on TV.. if I have time of course... after all.. at that point I may have a tough time deciding between the Texans game, or a rerun of the last NASCAR race, or maybe a new episode of This Old House... or whatever movie they are playing on Lifetime to entertain the housewives while the husbands watch football.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote