Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007   #168
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Samuels is trying to get paaaaiiiiiiiiiid when he leaves the Patriots. I'd rather pass on him, and get somebody like Nnamdi Asomugha (who has a player option coming up this year). After him, if we're playing fantasy free agent signings then I'd go for some talent in the OLB department with Lance Briggs who will be pricey, but I think will be well worth it. The Bears are trying desperately to get him to sign, and he's not having it.

But yeah, those two guys you mention, I think are just not going to be worth the money that they will want, and I think the two guys I listed would be better FA options if we are trying to make a huge splash.
I thought about Briggs as well. I only mentioned Samuels because he has probably the greatest name recognition of any of the available CB's. I'm not familiar with Asomugha, but if he can get the job done then I'd have no problem with him being picked up.

I'm not sure how much Suggs will get in his next contract as he is having somewhat of a down year in this, the final year of his contract.