View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007   #61
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Decent post. I'm curious as to why you mentioned the bolded statement. Unless you're speaking of the pre-Kubiak era, what have they done wrong? Sure, they picked up YKW's option, but soon admittingly realized their mistake and moved on. Since Kubiak has been here we've had a couple really good drafts and have done nicely in FA with the kind of cap space we've had to work with.

Personally, I like the FO we have. With a couple assistant coaching changes we'll be in good shape.

McNair is a newby and has admitted making mistakes and will learn from them (unlike a previous owner).

HOU-TEX Almost all of you posting at this site have a deeper and more educated understanding of the Texans than I do. I was just stating my opinions from outside the fan base.
I believe a true team is built from the center out. The Browns finally spent a high first round pick on a left tackle (Joe Thomas) and are seeing immediate results. Carr kept getting killed behind the Texans line and I do not recall any massive efforts to get FA or 1st round talent to help. Not picking Vince Young was wrong IMO. Giving up picks for Schaub and not fixing the O-line was backwards. Not getting anything for Carr just seems wrong also.

Most of this happened under prior management. You asked for my opinion. I know I have the advantage of hindsight on some of this. Again, just an opinion from outside looking in. I did not mean to offend you or disparage in any way the Texans.