Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007   #159
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I told you at the first of the season Okoye would hit the wall. All rookies do. He is a good player who also will only get better with every snap. He will eventully throw his leg over the wall and pull himself over. Just need a six pack of patientence.
Our speed rusher is Kalu.

They have six picks and just had the core of the o-line decimated by injury. Color me sceptical, three of the six picks this draft may be on o-lineman. One guy you haven't seen for two seasons. One guy has a leg shattered in three places... one guy an MCL....and you will still have a whole at center. They may hit a Rb and Corner. I see a speed rusher guy in '08 as an over the top luxuary they cannot afford at the expense of starting over with a new QB again. Not going to happen unless the can find a guy burried on someones practice squad.
The Texans may address their need for a speedy edge-rushing DE in Free Agency depending on what will be available and how the decide to fill out their Salary Cap.

Personally, I would love to see the Texans try and fill some of the wholes on the Defensive side with Free Agents like CB Asante Samuel, and RDE Terrell Suggs. Then they can concentrate on the Offensive side of the ball in the draft, particularly O-Line.