View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007   #58
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
We may not like the answer to these fan-proclaimed "statement" games but that doesn't stop it from being the truth. We are still a couple of players away from being a consistent, playoff-caliber team. We're at least 6-7 second stringers away too, so that performance doesn't fall off a cliff when the starter goes down.

I like the direction we're headed but - and I'm probably preaching to the choir here - we are, at a minimum, a pro-bowl LT, a roadgrader C/G, a shutdown CB, a wide ranging FS, a speedy OLB, and an innovative defensive coordinator from filling all the holes I see.
On the other hand, we're not 20 starters away like we used to be - the only solid players being Dunta and AJ.

Patience GrassHoppas; we have made great progress.
You forgot one fast stud RB!

Realistically, we are probably looking at another 2 Drafts to fill all of those spots unless we get some in FA. We really haven't had much luck filling those spots through FA, but this year we may get lucky since we have more cap room. What I don't want to see is for us to throw alot of money around at these FA and get back into "Cap Hell" again. I would much rather we build through the Draft and fill the gaps with FA's that fit our team needs and don't break the bank. It may take longer, but I believe it's the best way to go. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote