Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007   #158
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
7 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Mario has 8.5 of our 20 sacks on the season, great for him, terrible for the rest of the team. Okoye has disapeared after a bright start, and I think we only have 1 sack from a defensive end other then Mario. Weaver is holding us back in the pass rush. Mario needs to stay at LDE permenantly and we need to add a speed rusher at RDE capable of getting pressure. TJ and Okoye could turn out to be a great DT combination, but the final piece needs to be added. The positive part of this equation is that you can find a Mark Anderson type DE in the second day of the draft.
I told you at the first of the season Okoye would hit the wall. All rookies do. He is a good player who also will only get better with every snap. He will eventully throw his leg over the wall and pull himself over. Just need a six pack of patientence.
Our speed rusher is Kalu.

They have six picks and just had the core of the o-line decimated by injury. Color me sceptical, three of the six picks this draft may be on o-lineman. One guy you haven't seen for two seasons. One guy has a leg shattered in three places... one guy an MCL....and you will still have a whole at center. They may hit a Rb and Corner. I see a speed rusher guy in '08 as an over the top luxuary they cannot afford at the expense of starting over with a new QB again. Not going to happen unless the can find a guy burried on someones practice squad.