Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007   #92
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Stats aside, there is an overall game to consider.

Mario's reputation as a run stuffer is highly questionable, and teams frequently block him - successfully - with tight ends.

Plug in Ferguson for Salaam and maybe Pitts plays better and the Texans might actually be able to run consistently, even in games that they pass well. This is supposed to be a running based attack, and they've had too many weak running games.
Well the thing is that you would not really be plugging in Dbrick for Salaam. Technically, you would be plugging him in for Spencer, and instead of a 3rd rounder getting his leg broken, you are potentially looking at a 1st overall pick out for 2 seasons, and to add insult to injury 8.5 less sacks this season.

They made the right picks IMO, our team just has the worst luck ever, when it comes to injury.

Now back to the thread, this is Mario's 3rd straight good game. It looks like the light really has turned on, and I don't really know why there isn't more excitement about it. This is what we have all been waiting for.

One point that I havent seen on here about the "gimmie" sack is that while Mario was not blocked he didn't bite on the play fake and stayed at home which did not allow VY to run open down field. I thought it was a much better play than just a free sack. Mario is growing up and that is one of many plays where it is showing.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote