Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007   #90
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The NFL isn't the same as golf. You are actually playing against an entire team each week. Each team has different tendencies, game plans, philosophies, and players. It's impossible for a player to produce consistant numbers. Look at guys like Dwight Freeney: he gets 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles one game, and the next game goes without a tackle... his intensity hasn't changed but the team he's playing has.
I'm not saying he has to put up those numbers. I'm talking about intensity and moves, etc. I've seen him come out of his shell a couple of games this year and I've seen him be non-existent some games. That is all I want. That same intensity. But I like what I'm seeing lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
All pass rushers get freebies from time to time over the course of their careers or even a single season. Ever see that sack that Farve actually "gave" Strahan several years ago that let Stahan set an NFL record ?
Mario has played very well in 2 of the last 3 games. I dunno maybe its just playing against VY or Bush gets his competitive juices flowing, maybe just a coincidence they were in his best games of the season ? But lets see if this is a pattern that holds over the last 4 games of the season.
But I'm real pleased from what we are seeing in Mario right now !
I know, thus the smile.