Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007   #89
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Good game today but this is reminding me of his college career. Big numbers in a few games and disappearing and nowhere in sight for a majority of games. There is the rub for me. I want to see todays intensity every game. But today he looked good. I'll give him 1.5 and one gimmee

The NFL isn't the same as golf. You are actually playing against an entire team each week. Each team has different tendencies, game plans, philosophies, and players. It's impossible for a player to produce consistant numbers. Look at guys like Dwight Freeney: he gets 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles one game, and the next game goes without a tackle... his intensity hasn't changed but the team he's playing has.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote