Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007   #83
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Actually I'm more critical of the team for selecting him number one. Even if he's above average, he ends up being a waste of resources like most number one picks. I don't have anything against Mario.

That being said, I still don't think he has had as big an impact on opposing offenses as many times as many of you think. I actually counted it against him when Winslow was blocking him one on one on runs to his side. That just freed up the tackle to block the linebacker or double the DT. I didn't think that was dominant and it took away from the level of his game last week.

Have you seen my posts on the o-line? I certainly criticize players ther than Mario.
I remeber that play against Cleveland. At the same time, I remeber the first drive the Browns had when they doubled Mario on third and short and he broke through the double team and pulled Lewis back short of the marker. What that leads me to belive is that Mario just isn't that quick in diagnosing plays, especially runs. This, like almost all of his problems, has to do with experiance and learing curve, not talent. Now more then ever, I think we have made the right choice. Of course, its easy to say that after a 7 tackle, 2.5 sack performance, but its looking pretty smart so far.